Ilfracombe Football Club was formed in November 1902 and played local opposition until the formation of the North Devon League in 1904, in which Combe became founder members. The present name of Ilfracombe Town was adopted in 1920.
The club ground at Marlborough Park was acquired in 1923. In 1949 an application was made to the Western League and the club was admitted to Division 3 for the 1949/50 season, winning promotion as runners up.
Currently competing at Premiership level for the 5th consecutive season, the club are enjoying their most successful ever period since rejoining the league. And the past two seasons of attaining a finishing position of 3rd, together with the addition of lifting their first-ever piece of silverware by way of the Les Phillips Challenge Cup, players and officials alike will be striving to emulate the high standard that has been set.
The reserves play in the North Devon League and the club also 3 Adult teams, a Ladies team, 12 Youth teams and host vets games.